NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE (NIPOST)
CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS, MUHAMUMAD BUHARI WAY. GARKI II, ABUJA
INVITATION TO TENDER
The Board of Trustees of the Quality-of-Service Fund (QSF) of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) based in Berne Switzerland has unconditionally approved support projects to Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST), to be funded by the QSF, for the International Office of Exchange Ikeja -Lagos (A) OE) Centre Process Automation and ICT enhancement tagged (QSFNGA 2308) and for (B) Improvement in the transportation of International mail tagged (QSFNGA 2309)
- The schedule for the ICT upgrade is 12 months.
- While the scheduled duration for the Improvement of international mail transportation is 18 months
NIPOST intends that the proceeds of this grant will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for the Procurement of Computer Systems and accessories as listed under Lot 1 and the procurement of Trucks under Lot 2
1. The Nigerian Postal Service invites bids from eligible bidders for the following: -
1.1 CATEGORY A- GOODS
A. QSFNGA 2308 OE Lot – 1
• Servers – 5
• Window Server OS – 1
• Desktop Computers – 20
• Laptops – 30
• Industrial Laser Jet Printers – 6
• Handheld Scanners – 50
• Thermal Barcode Printers – 3
• Bag Label Printer – 3
• Tablets – 50
• Solar Panel System – 1
• Mobile Network Modem-50
• UPS – 50
B. QSFNGA 2309 Lot – 2
7.5 TONS TRUCKS (5 units for mail delivery)
GVW With 12495kg Cummins Engine 170-33, M/T Power Steering, Sedan Like Interior, Trim and Parking Brake, Exhaust Brake, Manual Window/Lock, Chassis Advances Front and Rear Axles, Large Cargo Space, Radio, USB, Air Conditioned, Truck Dimension W2273, H-2760, L-8250 Water-Cooled, Turbo Charged, Wind Breaker, Including Body Building as Specified and Branded in NIPOST Colour with UPU/QSF Logo.
C. QSFNGA 2309 Lot – 3
5 TONS TRUCKS (2 units for mail delivery)
GVW With 8495kg Cummins Engine 140-33, M/T Power Steering, Sedan Like Interior, Trim and Parking Brake, Exhaust Brake, Manual Window/Lock, Chassis Advances Front and Rear Axles, Large Cargo Space, Radio, USB, Air Conditioned, Truck Dimension W2136, H-2600, L-7900, Water-Cooled, Turbo Charged, Wind Breaker, Including Body Building as Specified and Branded in NIPOST Colour with UPU/QSF Logo.
2. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Evidence of Certiﬁcate of Incorporation/registration with Corporate Aﬀairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7. Business Name is also acceptable in case of Services.
• Evidence of Company's Tax Clearance Certiﬁcate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December 2022 with a minimum Average Annual Turnover of (₦25,000,000.00) Twenty-Five Million Naira Only.
• Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certiﬁcate valid till 31st December 2022.
• Industrial Training Fund (ITF) compliance Certiﬁcate valid till 31st December 2022.
• Evidence of Current Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) compliance Certiﬁcate valid till December
• Evidence of Registration on National Database of Federal Contractors, consultants, and service providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 1st January 2023 or valid certiﬁcate issued by BPP.
• Sworn aﬃdavit disclosing whether or not any oﬃcer of the relevant committees of NIPOST, or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to conﬁrm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
• Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020, and 2021).
• Evidence of Financial capability to execute the project including reference letter from reputable Commercial Bank indicating willingness to guarantee for the project when needed.
• Company Proﬁle with Curriculum Vitae of Key Staﬀ to be deployed for the project including copies of their Academic/Professional qualiﬁcations.
• Veriﬁable document evidence of at least (3) similar jobs executed in the last ﬁve (5) years including letters of awards, valuation certiﬁcates, job completion certiﬁcate, and photographs of the projects.
• All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding determine the company/ﬁrms Letter Hand Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Aﬀairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone number (preferably GSM NO) and email address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized oﬃcer of the ﬁrm.
• Evidence of Firm's registration with relevant professional body e.g. NAICOM/Insurance, EHORECON/Cleaning Service Reporting Service NITDA/CPN/Information Technology, ICAN/ANAN/Financial
• COREN/QSRBN/ARCON/CORBON/SURCON/Construction, NSCDC/Security, ESVARBON/Estate Surveying etc.
3. COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
The tender documents are to be collected from the oﬃce of Head of Procurement NIPOST Corporate Headquarters Room 222, Second ﬂoor, Garki II, Abuja on evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of (₦10,000.00) Ten Thousand Naira only per Lot, paid into the NIPOST REMITA Account in any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigerian.
4. SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit one (1) original and two (2) hard copies each of the Technical and Financial bids with softcopy of ﬁnancial bid in MS Excel format packaged separately in two sealed envelopes clearly marked Technical Bid'' or Financial Bid'. The two envelopes should be enclosed in one larger envelope right-hand corner and the company's name behind and addressed to the Head of Procurement not later than 12:00 noon on Monday, 16th October 2023.
5. OPENING OF TECHNICAL BIDS
Only the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 16th October 2023 at NIPOST Corporate Headquarters Board room in the presence of bidders or their representatives, while the ﬁnancial bids will be kept un-opened. Note that only pre-qualiﬁed bidders will be invited later for ﬁnancial bids opening while unsuccessful bidders will have their ﬁnancial bids documents returned to them.
Please, ensure that you sign the bid submission Register in the office of the Head of Procurement, Room 222, 2nd ﬂoor NIPOST Corporate Headquarters Garki II, Abuja as the Nigerian Postal Service shall not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
6. GENERAL INFORMATION
• Bids must be in English Language and signed by an oﬃcial authorized by the bidder.
• Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned unopened.
• Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) lots.
• Failure to submit the above stated requirements shall lead to disqualiﬁcation of bids.
• Notwithstanding the submission by any company, the Nigerian Postal Service is neither committed nor obliged to oﬀer any company or ﬁrm an award in any form of contract or its agency company.
• All costs will be borne by the bidders.
• Only pre-qualiﬁed bidders at technical evaluation will be invited later for ﬁnancial bids opening. NIPOST reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
• All eligible bidders must clearly indicate the cost of each item in United States Dollars (USD). The net cost shall include the cost of delivery.